As one of the leading German car manufacturers, Mercedes has always been known for its upmarket vehicles. It’s known that if you buy yourself a Merc, the novelty will never wear off. This, of course, means you’ll be wanting a warranty that’s as impressive as your car, with which MotorEasy can help.
A serious degree of time and effort – as well as thorough testing and inspections – means there’s nothing mundane about Mercedes models. With a no-nonsense approach to coverage that’s comprehensive, inclusive and straightforward, we’ll give you a Mercedes warranty quote to match (and the benefits it affords) in just a few short steps.
Why Do I Need A Warranty For My Mercedes?
Our warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Mercedes manufacturer warranty. Our plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not present in a standard Mercedes manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard, meaning repairs or replacements are covered when directly impacted by a failure
- Failures caused by overheating
- Air conditioning problems
The Benefits Of A MotorEasy Warranty
Having a MotorEasy warranty for your Mercedes means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracking workshop progress and ensuring work is completed to agreed standards
- We pay network garages directly, meaning you are never out of pocket
- Access to our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Collection and delivery from your home or work
- 24/7 online booking
- Free online account area where you can create a digital logbook for your car, with access to useful reminder dates and a range of value-add discounts
MotorEasy provides warranties across the Mercedes range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. Enter your registration and mileage in our quote engine to choose a plan tailored to your Mercedes’s age and condition. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
Mercedes Reliability: A MotorEasy Study
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong. Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
- The index also includes model-specific data on:The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs.
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below list to view Mercedes reliability index data:
Mercedes Warranty Comparison: Average MotorEasy Quotes vs Manufacturer Extended Warranty
As of November 2020, MotorEasy has researched the average price of a Mercedes extended car warranty, and compared it with the MotorEasy equivalent to find which warranty is better value for money. The following quotes are average prices based on a MotorEasy Plan A warranty and Mercedes warranty with £0 excess. Prices and savings correct as of November 2020.
|Model||Age (years)||MotorEasy Warranty||Mercedes Warranty||Saving|
SLK 200 AMG Sport
On average these prices could save you over £90 by choosing a MotorEasy plan A warranty than going to the manufacturer directly. These prices don’t consider MotorEasy discounts or promotions, so the savings could be even more substantial.
How Do I Get A Quote?
If you’re looking for a Mercedes warranty you can trust, save yourself time and money and get what you need with MotorEasy. All you have to do is enter your registration number – sit tight for a few moments and voila, a quote will appear automatically, which you can accept and purchase!
Alternatively, you can call us on 0800 131 0001 (freephone). Our dedicated team of experts are trained to manage all your warranty needs, so feel free to get in touch to find out which policy is right for you before finalising anything.
Recent Paid Repairs: Mercedes
Yes, your Merc may be your pride and joy, but sometimes it’ll need work doing to it (and let’s face it, this will probably cost you quite a bit of money!). To put things in perspective, we’ve compiled a short list of some of the most common Mercedes repairs and their corresponding totals:
- A-Class: Recently, to have its gearbox reconditioned – including parts and labour – costs for work on this car came to £3,075.60. Its bills like these that Mercedes drivers could do without, making a warranty with MotorEasy absolutely essential.
- B-Class: We were recently given a cost of £13,664.05 for the complete reconditioning of an engine in one of these models, which most people simply cannot afford! To save yourself having to pay these hefty sums, be sure to take out a comprehensive Mercedes warranty with MotorEasy.
- C-Class: An ECU (ABS) job on one of these vehicles ended up costing the owner £1,368.90 to put right. This can be difficult for some people to pay outright, but with a Mercedes warranty from MotorEasy, you don't need to worry about that.
- R-Class: Recently, one of these cars was brought to us because it needed work doing to the torque converter. This would’ve set the owner back £2,364, but thanks to their Mercedes warranty with MotorEasy we were able to carry out the work and they didn’t have to worry about losing a significant amount of money in the process.
- Sprinter: Despite being a wholly reliable vehicle most of the time, your Sprinter is still susceptible to mechanical and electrical failures. The most expensive repair we've ever made to this model was an even £1,224, which is certainly a hefty sum. Fortunately, all the work we do on your Merc is covered under our comprehensive warranty.