From power to performance; aesthetics to innovation, BMW is a game-changing name, which is exactly why its cars are so popular all over the world. Owning a BMW is viewed as a sign of prestige, particularly among the British motoring community, and their popularity certainly shows no sign of slowing down – making the right warranty more essential than ever before.
MotorEasy can help there, with numerous perks to unrivalled flexibility, there are plenty of benefits to our car warranties. Ensure your BMW is in good hands with our comprehensive cover and bespoke plans. Find out information on the most reliable BMW models below, based on MotorEasy's Reliability Index.
Why Do I Need A Warranty For My BMW?
Our warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a BMW manufacturer warranty. Our plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not present in a standard BMW manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard, meaning repairs or replacements are covered when directly impacted by a failure
- Failures caused by overheating
- Air conditioning problems
The Benefits Of A MotorEasy Warranty
Having a MotorEasy warranty for your BMW means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracking workshop progress and ensuring work is completed to agreed standards
- We pay network garages directly, meaning you are never out of pocket
- Access to our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Collection and delivery from your home or work
- 24/7 online booking
- Free online account area where you can create a digital logbook for your car, with access to useful reminder dates and a range of value-add discounts
MotorEasy provides warranties across the BMW range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. Enter your registration and mileage in our quote engine to choose a plan tailored to your BMW’s age and condition. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
BMW Reliability: A MotorEasy Study
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong. Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
The index also includes model-specific data on:
- The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs.
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below to view BMW reliability index data:
BMW Warranty Comparison: Average MotorEasy Quotes vs Manufacturer Comprehensive Warranty
As of October 2020, MotorEasy has researched the average price of a BMW manufacturer car warranty, and compared it with the MotorEasy equivalent to find out which is the best value for money. The following quotes are average prices based on a MotorEasy Plan A warranty and BMW comprehensive warranty per year. Prices and savings correct as of October 2020.
|1 Series||3 years old||£505||£675||£170|
|1 Series||5 years old||£554||£675||£121|
|2 Series||4 years old||£554||£675||£121|
|3 Series||3 years old||£505||£719||£214|
|4 Series||4 years old||£534||£719||£185|
|5 Series||5 years old||£590||£1247||£657|
|6 Series||4 years old||£705||£1247||£542|
|7 Series||3 years old||£529||£2644||£2018|
|X1||3 years old||£529||£675||£146|
|X5||3 years old||£626||£1589||£963|
|X6||5 years old||£674||£2541||£1867|
On average, a MotorEasy car warranty could save you over £637 than going to the manufacturer directly. These prices also don’t consider MotorEasy discounts or promotions, so the savings could be even more substantial.
How Do MotorEasy Warranties Compare To BMW’s Extended Car Warranty Offering?
BMW comprehensive warranty excludes wear and tear, whereas a MotorEasy car warranty covers consequential damage and failures due to wear and tear. With MotorEasy you’re connected to a network of over 10,000 garages nationwide for repairs to be completed, but with BMW all repairs must be carried out by an authorised BMW retailer or service workshop. In addition MotorEasy’s repair limit matches the value of your car, giving you peace of mind in almost every possibility.
How Do I Get A BMW Warranty With MotorEasy?
To get a quote for a warranty with MotorEasy, all you have to do is enter your registration number. If you’d prefer, you can call us on freephone 0800 131 0001 to discuss any specific requirements you may have for your vehicle.
Whether you already own your BMW or are buying a luxurious used model, whichever warranty, you pick with us promises a great deal. For a motoring marketplace like no other, it’s worth visiting MotorEasy if you want a quote that gives you coverage as well as value for money.
Models of BMW and Most Common Repair Costs
Understanding the models of BMW and their most frequent repair costs can be tricky. This is where we come in – you’ll see we’ve broken many of them down into one handy guide:
- 1 Series: Sporty and spirited, it can prove costly fixing up this kind of BMW – to replace a drive chain will set you back anywhere between £1,000 and £4,000. Protect your car and your bank balance by taking out a BMW warranty with MotorEasy.
- 3 Series: A saloon designed to make you feel like you’re driving a sports car; however, repairs can be expensive. For a new dual mass flywheel, you’re looking at anywhere between £400 and £1,500. Make a point of taking out a BMW warranty with MotorEasy for total protection of your vehicle investment.
- 5 Series: There’s a crispness and classiness to this car that’s difficult to beat. But if yours needs a replacement turbo, that can cost around £2,000. Luckily, a comprehensive warranty with MotorEasy promises to help you cover expenses such as these (if they don’t exceed the value of the vehicle).
- 6 Series: This series includes luxury grand tourers that embody executive elegance; therefore, expect a sizeable price tag on some replacement parts – you’ll be paying between £500 and £850 for a new alternator if you need one. Ensure your bank balance doesn’t take too much of a hit with a full BMW warranty from MotorEasy.
- 7 Series: A range that takes innovation to the next level, the most common replacements for this type of vehicle range between £225 (glow plug module) and just under £9,000 (cylinder block internal bearing), so be sure to choose the right BMW warranty from MotorEasy to safeguard you if something does go wrong.
- M3: The M3 is, without a doubt, one of the most successful touring cars on the market today but replacing the CV joints – which will need to happen from time to time – costs close to £1,000. This is where a BMW warranty from MotorEasy can ease the burden.
- X1: A compact crossover perfect for both urban and off-road settings, repairing the front differential of this car will cost you nearly £2,500. To take the financial pressures away, a BMW warranty from MotorEasy is what you need for complete peace of mind.
- X5: Powerful and with a stunning design, the X5 can be pricey if certain faults occur – you’ll see this especially in diesel models, where work on injectors ranges between £500 and over £2,000 depending on the problem. Your car shouldn’t be something you have to worry about, which is why a BMW warranty from MotorEasy is perfect for relieving vehicle-related stress.
- X6: All X6 models are head-turners on the open road, but it’s important to bear in mind that everyday problems with this car can cost you from upwards of £200 to in excess of £2,500. Don’t get caught out with unnecessary vehicle expenses; let one of our BMW warranties cover your car repairs up to its retail value.
- Z4: With its low stance and curvy interiors, the Z4 is a particularly captivating model. However, it can incur some heavy repair costs; for instance, anything to do with the steering system will cost you anywhere between £2,000 and £3,000. Leaving the technicalities to chance is a risk you shouldn’t take; get a quote for a comprehensive BMW warranty from MotorEasy and see just how much you’ll benefit.